Welcome to Di Pompeo Construction Corporation, a third generation, self-performing General Contractor with the ability to hard bid, perform Construction Management, and Design/Build services.
Di Pompeo Construction Corporation (DCC) was originated in 1927 in East Orange, New Jersey. Joseph Di Pompeo was the originator of the Di Pompeo building tradition and named the company Joseph Di Pompeo & Sons Builders and Contractors as a private home builder and industrial contracting firm solely in Northern New Jersey.
The second generation of Joseph Di Pompeo & Sons Builders and Contractors began in 1960 when John Di Pompeo Sr. took over. With his two brothers, they expanded the business to private commercial and industrial work in the Northeast corridor including Pennsylvania, Connecticut, New York State, Virginia, and performed approximately seventy percent of their work in the five boroughs of New York.
In 1986, they decided to branch out into the state of Florida by developing properties and that is when John Di Pompeo Jr. obtained his Florida General Contractors License. In 1993, they changed the company name to Di Pompeo Construction Corporation, with John Di Pompeo Jr. taking over as President and expanding into the South Florida region. Since 1993, Di Pompeo Construction Corporation has constructed over $250 million dollars in City, County, School Board & Private Sector projects all on time and within budget.
Since 1993, Di Pompeo Construction Corp. has successfully completed many Florida general purpose parks, municipal facilities, private and public school, commercial office buildings, fire stations, aquatic facilities, police stations, banks, homeless facilities, community centers and gathering halls, warehouses, retail strip centers, historic restorations, healthcare facilities, food processing and hotel/hospitality buildings.
Di Pompeo Construction Corp.’s offices are located in Pompano Beach and Fort Pierce, Florida and we predominantly perform work on the South East coast of Florida, from Indian River County to Monroe County. Di Pompeo Construction Corp. is fully bonded up to eighty million dollars aggregate and we are fully licensed and insured throughout Florida.
We are proud to say that every project has been completed on time, in budget, and without a bond claim from an Owner.
Di Pompeo Construction Corporation has the capacity to self-perform many trades, when conditions so dictate, since we own all the necessary equipment, tools, trucks and field manpower. We self-perform with our own employees: concrete, site work, carpentry and door/hardware installation. This enables us to expedite a project that may have unusual conditions, evaluate subcontractor bids and ensure that timely scheduled milestones are met.
STANDARDS WE ADHERE TO
- Our Superintendents are CPR and OSHA (10-30 hour) certified and are always on site for safety and quality control. In addition, we have a full time safety administrator and OSHA safety consultant.
- We ensure immediate communication from our site Superintendents to the Project Managers/Project Coordinators, from the job site to our main office and from our field Supervisors to the Subcontractors.
- We employ Subcontractors ranging from small, local, licensed firms to large, national firms, and include many certified minority & disadvantaged businesses.
- All of our Subcontractors are mandated to adhere to our strict OSHA compliant safety policies which require the submission of Subcontractor Safety Programs, Material Safety Data Sheets, Tool Box Talks, and Daily Safety Checklists.
- Our Project Managers ensure that all revisions made during construction are recorded daily on the As-Built set of drawings, ensure all Subcontractors are licensed and insured before starting work and follow through until all final release of liens are delivered to the Owner.
- We employ a full time warranty and guarantee administrator who collects and assembles all Manufacturer and Subcontractor Warranties, Operation Manuals and As-Built data. These documents are then delivered to the Owner at the end of the project. Additionally, the administrator follows through on items that may arise up to one year after the Owner occupies the facility.
BONDING & INSURANCE
Di Pompeo is bonded by Brown & Brown of Florida, Inc. for $40 million (single)/$80 million (aggregate) and fully insured with General Liability, Workman’s Compensation, and Automobile coverage for $1 million/$3 million (umbrella) with an Experienced Modifier of .90.
JOHN DI POMPEO JR.
President, Operations Manager (1993-Present)
John DiPompeo Jr. is responsible for overseeing all operations of the company and has hands-on knowledge of all projects. John has experience working on schools, parks, police departments, fire departments, office buildings, and numerous government facilities. Project Responsibilities: Overseeing Project Managers, Estimators, Accounting, Marketing, Safety, and Inspections. All projects were completed on time and within budget.
West Lafayette, Indiana
Bachelor of Science, Building Construction Management, May 1986
Dean Junior College
Associate Degree in Building Construction Technology/Architecture, May 1984
Honors, Affiliations and Skills:
State of Florida Licensed General Contractor since June 1986
Sigma Lambda Chi (Construction Honor Society) at Purdue University
Computer Literate in: Timberline Estimating, Primavera, and Planswift
JOHN DI POMPEO SR.
Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary (1993-Present)
John Di Pompeo Sr. has extensive and diverse experiences in real estate development, bonding and banking relationships, health and benefit analysis. Knowledgeable of current regulatory standards for construction of high-rise and apartment buildings, hospitals and institutions since 1960. John Sr. brings a veteran’s experience and an “old school” knowledge of the construction industry that is unmatched or calculated.
Fort Benning, Georgia
Schofield Barracks, Hawaii, 1957 – 1958
Specialist 4th Class
National Guard Reserves
Member for ten years
Vice President of Field Operations, Senior Project Manager (1995-Present)
Jon supervises, coordinates subcontractors, handles owner concerns, reviews shop drawings, schedules updates and plans future activities with Project Managers. Jon has 43 years of field experience through all phases of total construction. He has worked on schools, parks, community center projects, fire stations, interior buildouts, and equestrian centers projects ranging from $750,000 to $8.5 million dollars and from 6,000 SF to 40,000 SF.
–LEED Accredited Professional